Join Damo Mitchell as he leads you systematically though the internal processes of Baguazhang, both the Xian Tian and Hou Tian methods. Study authentic and classical martial arts in this ongoing program.
IGNORE THIS ONE
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Baguazhang Forms Practice
- Xian Tian Bagua Walking
- Cheng Hou Tian Palms
- Small Frame Bagua Palm Form
- Bagua Deerhorn Knives
Foundation Drills and Inner Development
- Bodywork drills
- Palm drills
- Body changing Nei Gong
- Inner methods of Baguazhang
Health and Alchemical Practice
- Understanding Bagua Qi Gong
- Training Bagua Nei Gong
- Usage of the Yi Jing
- Yang Sheng Fa of Bagua
- Rou Shou touching hands drills
- Partner exercises and drills
- Grappling and wrestling principles of Bagua
- Knife training
- Baguazhang theory
- Gua and Hexagram theory
- Alchemical theory
- The Yi Jing and change
Pre and Post-Heaven Practice
This form of walking-meditation is known as ‘pre-Heaven Bagua’ and is actually a form of Nei Gong rather than a martial arts method. It is a way of opening the channels of the body and understanding Qi, Xin (mind) and Shen (spirit) in order to develop a high-level of vitality and consciousness development.
Students learn to walk the circle whilst studying a full Nei Gong process; this is a complete method in its own right whether it is used as a spiritual practice or as a foundation for the next stage of training which is the post-Heaven Baguazhang training.
Post-Heaven Baguazhang is the martial art method that was developed from and evolved out of the earlier circle walking Nei Gong system. Relatively modern, Baguazhang was first introduced to the public by master Dong Hai Chun who synthesised his own Gong Fu expertise with the circle walking he encountered in the region of China where he lived. The circular movements and spiralling forms of Baguazhang were taken from the movements of energy he mastered through circle walking meditation; once these were incorporated into his own boxing method, Baguazhang (eight-symbol-palm) was created. These methods were then passed on to further masters and each added their own flavour to create the various styles of Baguazhang commonly practiced today. Within the Academy, it is the Cheng method which we primarily teach though there are influences and supporting drills from other Baguazhang methods included as well.
- Weekly tuition and supportive materials
- In depth principles and teachings on Nei Gong, Meditation, Baguazhang and Taijiquan
- Weekly training classes
- Exploration of Classical methodologies, terminologies, and Classic texts
- Yang Sheng Fa (life nourishing principles), including Sleep preparation, Food therapy, and daily habits to support your practice.
- Introduction to Chinese medicine concepts
- Access to exclusive online community areas
- Access to ‘The Library’, containing regularly updated lecture videos, Damo’s course lectures, and selective articles and writings.